8-Day Creative Documentary course
This workshop was carried out on 19 – 26 January 2013. in partnership with the Scottish Documentary Institute, Young Palestinian Filmmakers Society and British Council.
It was an introduction practice-led course in documentary designed to allow participants to:
- Understand how to work in a team
- Develop an understanding of creative documentary
- Develop an idea into a short creative film
- Test its effectiveness as an engaging film
- Learn the appropriate way to film it
- Work with characters
- Develop interview techniques
- Shoot the appropriate shots to form a sequence
- Record sound
- Communicate and edit the film with an editor
- Shape finished film into a story that works dramatically and emotionally
- Produce a 3’ documentary
81 applications were received and 12 males and females were invited to participate.
At the end of the course the participants have produced 4 short films.