With the support of SMEDCV
The “ Young Palestinian Filmmakers society” implemented the project “Youth For Environment” from Mid February to the end of Sep 2016 , which provided an intensive training workshop on documentary film-making, for 11 young Palestinian males and females. By providing them the audio-visual tools, they produced five short documentaries on different environmental issues. the films were screened in six locations in the West Bank and the screenings were followed by discussion between audience and the filmmakers. A screening programme will be arranged before the end of the year.
- Enhancing the role of cinema education in the cultural and social development in Palestine.
- Highlighting the environmental issues to increase public awareness in Palestine.
- Provide young Palestinians of both genders with the audio-visual tools to express themselves and their society’s problems.
- Producing short documentaries on environmental issues and arrange public screens followed by discussions.
- Establishing new partnerships and networks with civil society, and governmental organizations.